You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail changing my send from email address

I've recently changed my primary email address from the one I've used for years. Even though I select the new email address in the "From" section, and have made my new email address the default "Send From" account in Apple Mail settings, after I press send, Apple Mail is reverting the send from email address to my old email address. It is doing this on my MacBook and my iPhone.

How do I get Apple Mail to stop automatically changing the send from email address to my old one?

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 7:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 5:30 PM

erin_seattle wrote:

I've recently changed my primary email address from the one I've used for years. Even though I select the new email address in the "From" section, and have made my new email address the default "Send From" account in Apple Mail settings, after I press send, Apple Mail is reverting the send from email address to my old email address. It is doing this on my MacBook and my iPhone.

How do I get Apple Mail to stop automatically changing the send from email address to my old one?

Change the associated account in(?) :

• >System Settings>AppleID
  • Contacts.app> your card
  • Mail>Window>Previous Recipients remove old address if present
  • Mail>Settings>Accounts make changes to Server Settings and associated email adresses

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2023 5:30 PM in response to erin_seattle

erin_seattle wrote:

Change the associated account in(?) :

• >System Settings>AppleID
  • Contacts.app> your card
  • Mail>Window>Previous Recipients remove old address if present
  • Mail>Settings>Accounts make changes to Server Settings and associated email adresses

Apple Mail changing my send from email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.