You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls are Muted then are Ended

When I am on a phone call with someone, the speaker button suddenly becomes activated, but instead of having the other person on speaker, the sound is muted, and after a few seconds, the call ends.

Does this happen with anyone else?

Is there a way to fix it?

I have an iPhone 11, and this started after the latest update, 16.4

It used to happen before, but the calls won't end all of a sudden, only the sound would be muted, then get back again.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 3:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 4:13 AM

If you used the correct gestures to mute those calls to no avail, as per this support page:--> While on a call on iPhone , I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2023 4:13 AM in response to hodafadl

If you used the correct gestures to mute those calls to no avail, as per this support page:--> While on a call on iPhone , I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Calls are Muted then are Ended

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.