You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare hardware cover

My husband just finished 2 years AppleCare+ on his iPhone 12, and just renewed it monthly. It is not clear if a hardware fail such as if a camera broke is covered under “other damage” or does he have to pretend he dropped it? It says accidental damage and tech support. We are in UK.

Thank you.

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 8:18 AM

This is the legal document by Apple valid in UK:--> Legal - AppleCare+ - Apple

For any further doubts, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service or, as already suggested, visit an Apple Store or AASP.

Thanks and regards

Giulio

Similar questions

10 replies

Apr 5, 2023 7:35 AM in response to Shirley_Knott

I would make an appointment (*) and have that device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Apr 5, 2023 8:05 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Excuse my humour, he would never do that, It is working fine, no problems currently and he has paid for first month of additional AppleCare+ (PLUS)

We were just wondering if non-accidental hardware fail (ie hardware warranty with an excess) is covered under the plan but you prompted me to look at the small print online.

It looks like accidents and the Battery below 80% is covered but it is not a “warranty extension” for faulty parts. I may persuade him to cancel!

Apr 5, 2023 8:00 AM in response to Shirley_Knott

He should not pretend to have done anything. Explain the issue as it happened exactly to the Genius at an Apple Store and they will tell you your options. Don't lie. Tell the truth.

If the camera is broken, then it's broken and would likely be considered other damage. If the cause of the breakage is not a drop, and is internal then it may be covered and no fee would need to be paid.

If it was caused by some accident, drop or other external force, then it would fall under the other damage category.

AppleCare hardware cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.