You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying Entire iTunes Library to a different computer/OS?

I have iTunes installed on two computers: my Mac, and my PC. However, I would like to copy every song from my Mac to my PC so they both contain the same songs, which include my iTunes music I've purchased and many .mp3 files I've downloaded online for free.

I would preferably not like to use external drives.

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 9:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 9:11 PM

Superjustinbros Said:

"I have iTunes installed on two computers: my Mac, and my PC. However, I would like to copy every song from my Mac to my PC so they both contain the same songs, which include my iTunes music I've purchased and many .mp3 files I've downloaded online for free."

-------

To Transfer Music to Another New Computer:

Consolidate the Entire iTunes into a Single Library - that way you can cleanly export them all as one item(a Library). Once exported, restore them to your new computer.

You would...

1. Go Here: Back Up and Restore your iTunes Library on your PC - Apple Support
  2. Consolidate: your iTunes Library
  3. Find: the iTunes Media Folder
  4. Back up: your Library and Media Files
  5. Transfer: the Library to a Pendrive (AKA: USB Flash Drive)
  6. Restore: your Library from the Backup to the Other Mac or Device

II. Also, Share these using iCloud:

And for note...

III. Apple Accounts Cannot Be Merged:

You would have to be logged into the same Apple Account on all devices, in order to access these these from iCloud. Also, you are only limited to 5 devices (computers) to play these. So, purchased items could just be downloaded, rather than transferred. Home music and movies would not matter for merging, but backing it up would make all the difference in not using data.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2023 9:11 PM in response to Superjustinbros

Superjustinbros Said:

"I have iTunes installed on two computers: my Mac, and my PC. However, I would like to copy every song from my Mac to my PC so they both contain the same songs, which include my iTunes music I've purchased and many .mp3 files I've downloaded online for free."

-------

To Transfer Music to Another New Computer:

Consolidate the Entire iTunes into a Single Library - that way you can cleanly export them all as one item(a Library). Once exported, restore them to your new computer.

You would...

1. Go Here: Back Up and Restore your iTunes Library on your PC - Apple Support
  2. Consolidate: your iTunes Library
  3. Find: the iTunes Media Folder
  4. Back up: your Library and Media Files
  5. Transfer: the Library to a Pendrive (AKA: USB Flash Drive)
  6. Restore: your Library from the Backup to the Other Mac or Device

II. Also, Share these using iCloud:

And for note...

III. Apple Accounts Cannot Be Merged:

You would have to be logged into the same Apple Account on all devices, in order to access these these from iCloud. Also, you are only limited to 5 devices (computers) to play these. So, purchased items could just be downloaded, rather than transferred. Home music and movies would not matter for merging, but backing it up would make all the difference in not using data.

Copying Entire iTunes Library to a different computer/OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.