You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage has not worked since update to Ventura

iMessage not working on 2021 MacBook Pro after Ventura Update, anyone else have this problem and were you able to fix it? Apple ID on all devices are the same. IPad and iPhone work fine - Macbook Pro iMessage not working for months.

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 5:55 AM

Under the same iMessage settings, do you have "Enable Messages in iCloud" checked. When you hit Sync Now with that setting checked, does it make a difference?

If you are still experiencing trouble, I would have to recommend toggling switches and a Safe boot. While this may seem like it is no help at all, many users including myself have solved problems by switching a setting off and back on. It does not seem to make any sense, but have seen it happen after a software update where a setting seems stuck. The safe boot does more than boots without Extensions, it also repairs drive and addresses permission errors. The settings I would toggle are:

• iMessage at Messages > Settings > iMessage
  • iCloud at  > System Settings > your name on top > iCloud
  • Messages at  > System Settings > your name on top > iCloud > Messages. If this setting is not here, that may be your problem.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2023 5:55 AM in response to katherine106

Under the same iMessage settings, do you have "Enable Messages in iCloud" checked. When you hit Sync Now with that setting checked, does it make a difference?

If you are still experiencing trouble, I would have to recommend toggling switches and a Safe boot. While this may seem like it is no help at all, many users including myself have solved problems by switching a setting off and back on. It does not seem to make any sense, but have seen it happen after a software update where a setting seems stuck. The safe boot does more than boots without Extensions, it also repairs drive and addresses permission errors. The settings I would toggle are:

• iMessage at Messages > Settings > iMessage
  • iCloud at  > System Settings > your name on top > iCloud
  • Messages at  > System Settings > your name on top > iCloud > Messages. If this setting is not here, that may be your problem.

iMessage has not worked since update to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.