You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio on videos is inaudible for first 10-15 seconds then jumps up to normal volume. Why?

I had this problem a few years ago and now it is happening again. I record a video but there is almost no sound until about 10-15 seconds in when it jumps up to full normal volume. I have iPhone 11pro with all the most recent updates using iOS 16.4

I have stereo disabled in camera settings and have restarted the phone several times to no avail. What gives? And how can I fix it? Ruins my videos.

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 4:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 12:10 AM

If the audio on your iPhone videos is inaudible for the first 10-15 seconds and then jumps up to normal volume, then...

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes a simple restart can help resolve issues with audio on your iPhone.
  2. Update your iOS: Make sure that your iPhone's software is up to date. Software updates can often fix bugs and other issues that may be causing audio problems.
  3. Reset your iPhone's settings: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reset your iPhone's settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset your iPhone's settings to their default values, but will not erase your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2023 12:10 AM in response to Singslikeabird

If the audio on your iPhone videos is inaudible for the first 10-15 seconds and then jumps up to normal volume, then...

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes a simple restart can help resolve issues with audio on your iPhone.
  2. Update your iOS: Make sure that your iPhone's software is up to date. Software updates can often fix bugs and other issues that may be causing audio problems.
  3. Reset your iPhone's settings: If none of the above steps work, you may need to reset your iPhone's settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset your iPhone's settings to their default values, but will not erase your data.

Audio on videos is inaudible for first 10-15 seconds then jumps up to normal volume. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.