You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is sending text to the wrong contact. Is this a known issue?

My phone is sending text to the wrong number

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:31 PM

Louloubella1986 Said:

"My phone is sending text to the wrong contact. Is this a known issue?: My phone is sending text to the wrong number"

-------

Troubleshooting Incorrect Messaging:

A. Verify the Contact:

View the Contact, and make sure the number is as expected. If not, then that may be why this is occurring.

B. Contact your Carrier:

If messages are going to the incorrect person, contact your Carrier, as they provide you with the service of Calling.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2023 6:31 PM in response to Louloubella1986

Louloubella1986 Said:

"My phone is sending text to the wrong contact. Is this a known issue?: My phone is sending text to the wrong number"

-------

Troubleshooting Incorrect Messaging:

A. Verify the Contact:

View the Contact, and make sure the number is as expected. If not, then that may be why this is occurring.

B. Contact your Carrier:

If messages are going to the incorrect person, contact your Carrier, as they provide you with the service of Calling.

My phone is sending text to the wrong contact. Is this a known issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.