You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my iPhone have to be connected to the internet for someone to see my location?

Me and my partner share locations and here recently I lost service on my phone. Will he still be able to see my location without being connected to internet? Or do I have to be connected in order for him to see me.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 2:14 AM

Location Services only work if there is an internet connection.

You both need to be connected to either Wi-Fi or Cellular Data to see each other's location. Your partner cannot see your location if he is not connected to one of the above connections, just as you cannot see him if he is not connected.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2023 2:14 AM in response to 19sb96

Location Services only work if there is an internet connection.

You both need to be connected to either Wi-Fi or Cellular Data to see each other's location. Your partner cannot see your location if he is not connected to one of the above connections, just as you cannot see him if he is not connected.

Does my iPhone have to be connected to the internet for someone to see my location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.