You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar does not show the icons

Hello, I have a macbook pro 2019 and I got an issue, the Touch Bar has stoped showing the icons, I can press them and works fine however I can't see anything, there are no light in the bar. It is a Intel Core i7 16gb

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:45 PM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2023 4:02 PM in response to CarlosAlfaro

CarlosAlfaro wrote:

Hello, I have a macbook pro 2019 and I got an issue, the Touch Bar has stoped showing the icons, I can press them and works fine however I can't see anything, there are no light in the bar. It is a Intel Core i7 16gb

On the intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Apr 9, 2023 7:19 PM in response to CarlosAlfaro

CarlosAlfaro wrote:

Hello, thanks for your reply, I did it, I have tried with the SMC and NVRAM, however nothing changed, the laptop still without light in the Touch Bar.

Last effort a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if no resolve I would suspect hardware issue..

you can try the Diagnostic..., but may kick out an error code.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

if no insight take it in Apple's own AST2 (Apple Service Toolkit) back bench diagnostic is more definitive

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment at Apple® in the USA

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Touch bar does not show the icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.