You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My location shows in ATLANTA always keep having problem

When I Google anything it show I’m in Atlanta and my notifications when I text is to working

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 1:00 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2023 4:54 PM in response to goolsby02

Hi goolsby02,

There are a couple of possible reasons your location may not reflect accurately.

One cause would be that you're using a VPN which is routing your data (through Atlanta in this instance) where the IP address assigned would suggest you are physically located there. The support article Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues covers VPN usage in greater detail.

Another possibility is that you're using a Wi-Fi router or your cellular provider is routing traffic through a data center which is transmitting alternate location data. To isolate this as a possible cause, check to see if this behavior is consistent across various network connections through different providers or devices.

You may also need to enable GPS services for the app in question, see Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn more about this option.

Regards.

My location shows in ATLANTA always keep having problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.