You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple email addresses under one iCloud ID

In years past, I was able to establish individual email addresses under my Apple ID, i.e., name@me.com (original), name2@icloud.com, name3@icloud.com, plus 3 others (these are not alias accounts as messages are directed to each separate email address). I have recently tried to establish a seventh email address in the same way, that is, through 'Mail - Add Account' but this does not seem to be an option anymore.

1. Have I maxed out the number of individual email accounts I can establish under one Apple ID?
  2. If so, is a new alias account possible?

3. Or, is there a way to establish a separate email account without having to establish a second Apple ID?

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 8:04 PM

From: iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

"Depending on when you created your iCloud account, your iCloud email addresses and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com domains. Learn how these email addresses are granted."

I think anything you have done in the past is basically grandfathered in and can't be changed. As it currently stands, Apple allows a primary address and 3 aliases.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2023 8:04 PM in response to kam-bb

From: iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

"Depending on when you created your iCloud account, your iCloud email addresses and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com domains. Learn how these email addresses are granted."

I think anything you have done in the past is basically grandfathered in and can't be changed. As it currently stands, Apple allows a primary address and 3 aliases.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Multiple email addresses under one iCloud ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.