You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help me fix this MacBook Pro Touch Bar problem

Hello there.

I've set Touch Bar to show App Controls and Control Strip when I hold the fn key, but I've set it to show F1-F12 keys for several applications.

Previously In those applications, I could hold the fn key to show me Control Strip instead of F1-F12 and it was so convenient, but now holding the fn key is not working anymore, Touch Bar constantly showing F1-F12 and I don't know how to get that fn key behaviour back.

Please help me to fix this Touch Bar problem...

Here are 10 seconds video fragment of how it worked before (F1-F12 switch to Control Strip when you hold the fn key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU2eqKO-Fz4&t=46s.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 5:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:03 AM

shep_dim wrote:

Hello there.

I've set Touch Bar to show App Controls and Control Strip when I hold the fn key, but I've set it to show F1-F12 keys for several applications.

Previously In those applications, I could hold the fn key to show me Control Strip instead of F1-F12 and it was so convenient, but now holding the fn key is not working anymore, Touch Bar constantly showing F1-F12 and I don't know how to get that fn key behaviour back.

Here are 10 seconds video fragment of how it worked before (F1-F12 switch to Control Strip when you hold the fn key): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU2eqKO-Fz4&t=46s.

well, you will just have to make changes and compare your results to suit your needs.

It seems your video reference above is a good tutorial...

Change Touch Bar settings on Mac

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

I do not use F1-F12 keys for anything.

if no insight or resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies, clearing system caches etc.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2023 9:03 AM in response to shep_dim

shep_dim wrote:

Hello there.

well, you will just have to make changes and compare your results to suit your needs.

It seems your video reference above is a good tutorial...

Change Touch Bar settings on Mac

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.3.1

I do not use F1-F12 keys for anything.

if no insight or resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies, clearing system caches etc.

Please help me fix this MacBook Pro Touch Bar problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.