You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2FA when travelling

I’m going on a long distance cycle trip and am concerned that if I lose my iPhone I’ll be locked out of my iCloud as I won’t have any other ‘trusted devices’ with me. Can I disable 2FA, get a code via email (rather than text), or is there some other alternative?

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 2:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 2:51 AM

Sorry, but there is no other way, and the Two-Factor Authentication can only be disabled within a short time period after you set up a new Apple ID.

Adding and sending the code to another trusted phone number would be the only way to get the code, if your trusted device is lost or can't be accessed.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2023 2:51 AM in response to BumFluff42

Sorry, but there is no other way, and the Two-Factor Authentication can only be disabled within a short time period after you set up a new Apple ID.

Adding and sending the code to another trusted phone number would be the only way to get the code, if your trusted device is lost or can't be accessed.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

2FA when travelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.