You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to know who this AirTag belongs to

I found a AirTag in my car. I would like to know who it belongs to

iPhone 6s, 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 9:11 PM

Hello there,

Im not sure how much information beyond a serial number you'll actually get, unless it's been placed in Lost Mode, but you can try;

1. Tap and hold the the top of your iphone to the white side of the Airtag
    2. You should get a notification on your screen, tap it and it should take you to a website that will provide you information about the AirTag.
    3. If the owner has marked it as lost you should see contact information or a message the owner has added if they have placed the AirTag in lost mode.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2023 9:11 PM in response to cheronda05

Hello there,

Im not sure how much information beyond a serial number you'll actually get, unless it's been placed in Lost Mode, but you can try;

1. Tap and hold the the top of your iphone to the white side of the Airtag
    2. You should get a notification on your screen, tap it and it should take you to a website that will provide you information about the AirTag.
    3. If the owner has marked it as lost you should see contact information or a message the owner has added if they have placed the AirTag in lost mode.

I would like to know who this AirTag belongs to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.