You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trade in my brand new ipad for an iPhone?

Can I trade in my brand new iPad for iPhone ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 4:02 PM

Yes, in principal you can trade-in a qualifying Apple device against other device. For dissimilar devices, you’ll need to do this in store - as the online trade-in system assumes trade for a similar device.

In store, qualifying devices can also be verified and immediately tested against acceptance criteria. You’ll receive the trade-in value by way of Apple Vouchers - which can be used against purchase of Apple devices of your choice.

Alternatively, you can use the mail-in service - although this can be more problematic. The condition of your devices and functioning, subsequent to their return, may become a point of disagreement. If you choose to follow this path, Apple will send shipping containers with which you can send your devices individually to their trade-in partner.  Upon acceptance, the assigned trade-in value will be sent to you by way of an Apple Gift Card.

More information can be found here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2023 4:02 PM in response to milmilsukiasyan

Yes, in principal you can trade-in a qualifying Apple device against other device. For dissimilar devices, you’ll need to do this in store - as the online trade-in system assumes trade for a similar device.

In store, qualifying devices can also be verified and immediately tested against acceptance criteria. You’ll receive the trade-in value by way of Apple Vouchers - which can be used against purchase of Apple devices of your choice.

Alternatively, you can use the mail-in service - although this can be more problematic. The condition of your devices and functioning, subsequent to their return, may become a point of disagreement. If you choose to follow this path, Apple will send shipping containers with which you can send your devices individually to their trade-in partner.  Upon acceptance, the assigned trade-in value will be sent to you by way of an Apple Gift Card.

More information can be found here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Can I trade in my brand new ipad for an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.