You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW CAN I JOIN 2 PHOTO LIBRARY

I WANT TO JOIN TWO PHOTO LIBRARY ? I OPENED TWO APPS PHOTOS (YES ITS POSSIBLE) ON MY NEW MAC M2 BUT THE PICTURES FRO MY SECUND LIBRARY(FROM MY OLD MAC) CANT COPY OR CUT TO PASTE ANY PICTURE OR VIDEO TO MY NEW LIBRARY. ANY IDEA TO HELP ME?

PS: MY OLD MAC WAS LAZY, IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONECT MY LIBRARY IN MY ICLOUD. SO MY TWO LIBRARIES ARE DIFERENT AT THIS MOMENT.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 7:19 AM

It looks like your old Library is damaged in some way.

Go to that older Library and right-click on it and select Show Package Contents.

Look for a large folder there, it may be called "Originals" or "Masters." That folder has the actual image files.

Try importing everything in that folder into your current Photos Library. Even if the old Library is damaged or corrupted, as long as you can see the folder with the actual image files, you can import those image files into your new Library.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2023 7:19 AM in response to villamarim

It looks like your old Library is damaged in some way.

Go to that older Library and right-click on it and select Show Package Contents.

Look for a large folder there, it may be called "Originals" or "Masters." That folder has the actual image files.

Try importing everything in that folder into your current Photos Library. Even if the old Library is damaged or corrupted, as long as you can see the folder with the actual image files, you can import those image files into your new Library.

HOW CAN I JOIN 2 PHOTO LIBRARY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.