You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How accurate is the location of a device in Find My?

How accurate is the located device or person to the position in the map?

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 11:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 6:29 AM

It depends upon what is being used to determine its location. The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

GPS signals can vary. If I am at home and I am using GPS, it usually has a circle around where my phone is located but I can't tell if it is in the house or in the garage. GPS signals can also be very poor and then you're lucky if it can tell within a mile or two.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2023 6:29 AM in response to Pinkmanaz2

It depends upon what is being used to determine its location. The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

GPS signals can vary. If I am at home and I am using GPS, it usually has a circle around where my phone is located but I can't tell if it is in the house or in the garage. GPS signals can also be very poor and then you're lucky if it can tell within a mile or two.

How accurate is the location of a device in Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.