You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buried Photos - chronological Versus Date Added

How can I change the Apple photo application to arrange the photos based on when they are added? When I get a picture shared with me it is getting hidden because it's going in there chronologically from the date taken, rather than the date added. For an example, my mom had shared an adorable video of my grandfather doing the hula hoop, but I am unable to because it is was taken in the past. This is an ongoing issue, and there must be a way to set it up not to do this?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 2:40 PM

You can't.

The Imports heading in the Library will show you items added recently in date order. Going forward, the many other options available in Photos might be useful, like Media types -> Video taps etc.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 18, 2023 3:23 AM in response to AppleCursed

Are you using Photos on a Mac or on an iPhone? This is not quite clear, because your asking in the Photos for Mac forum, but below your question it is saying "iPhone".

On a Mac you can create a smart album with the rule "Date added > is in the last ... Days" and combine it with a rule "Photos is video" to find the recently added videos quickly.

Buried Photos - chronological Versus Date Added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.