You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 12.9 Inch second generation showing signs of wear and tear

Hello to all!

My Ipad seems to be a bit "sleepy" these days.

I'm a professional concert musician and use the Ipad principally and almost exclusively to read my music.

Hardly ever connect to Internet for example.

BUT :

• my bluetooth pedal disconnects suddenly. This same pedal on a non Apple tablet works perfectly
  • recently I'll start up for instance 4score and get a white screen, impossible to do anything
  • or the program hangs and even if I hit the home button, nothing.
  • There is a little light bleed in the corners of the screen for the last two years.

I'm on IOS 16.3.1

Time to buy a new Ipad?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can contribute.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:35 AM

Consider updating your iPad to the current version of iPadOS - at time of writing, this being iPadOS 16.4.1.

After updating, re-assess.

While your older iPad Pro may not be the sharpest knife in the box, your described usage is hardly taxing upon the device capabilities. As such, it should continue to provide more than adequate performance for your stated needs.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2023 8:35 AM in response to Marin Marais

Consider updating your iPad to the current version of iPadOS - at time of writing, this being iPadOS 16.4.1.

After updating, re-assess.

While your older iPad Pro may not be the sharpest knife in the box, your described usage is hardly taxing upon the device capabilities. As such, it should continue to provide more than adequate performance for your stated needs.

Ipad 12.9 Inch second generation showing signs of wear and tear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.