You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone have to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to back u all my info.

Why is it that I have unlimited data but my iPhone has to b connected to Wi-Fi in order to back up all my information and other stuff to iCloud

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 9:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 8:21 AM

Some carriers offer a cellular option with 5G. See the following from Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Note: On models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2023 8:21 AM in response to axefloyd43

Some carriers offer a cellular option with 5G. See the following from Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Note: On models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPhone using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.

Why does my iPhone have to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to back u all my info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.