You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External display connected to USB-C by a KVM-Switch not working since 13.3.1

I've connected an external Display to my MacBook M2 (2023) using a KVM-Switch via the USB-C Port.

It worked fine until I updated from 13.3 to 13.3.1 this morning. Now the display is not recognized anymore.

It still works if I connect it directly without the KVM switch.

Any ideas what could cause this or how to resolve it?

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 6:36 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 22, 2023 11:38 PM in response to mrudolf9954

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch, M1, 2020 and after upgrading to Ventura 13.3.1 my External display LG 32UP550-W isn't detected anymore via directly attached USB-C. HDMI via SATECHI hub is working still.

I've set "Allow accessories to connect" to "Automatically When Unlocked".

I tried force detecting the Display in the Displays configuration by holding the option key (then Detect Displays shows) and clicking on it. This seems to be a broader problem impacting a lot of folks.

Cheers

[Update - Solved issue] - I reset my LG 32UP550-W by pressing the menu button under the LG Logo -> Settings -> General -> Reset to Initial Settings. My screen was connected with USB-C and instantly started working.

Hope this helps

External display connected to USB-C by a KVM-Switch not working since 13.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.