You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Paramount + shows country/region not supported

Paramount + has started not supporting my country/region and I’m still at home in the USA? I’ve restarted the iPad and AppleTv (both have the problem). All other streaming apps work correctly.

What’s the solution?

thanks

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 7:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 10:23 PM

I have the same problem!

i just spent over 9 hrs on phone in two days with Apple and Paramount.

paramount says it a problem with apple! Paramounts solution was to download paramounts app, set up a another paramount+ account with paramount, pay for new subscription and cancel Apple TV Paramount+ subscription.

I all-ready have and pay apple for that! So i chose to be angry and wait for someone at another dept at Apple to call me back from Apple support.

Apple support engineer used the remote screened in and saw it first hand. Apple was perplexed! It all started with v16 now with 16.6 not only Paramount + does not work any more with “not available in my country”, but favorites in Apple TV shows is broken, and i get another error trying to play back purchased TV series saying “Not available in Apple TV store” it was available since i purchased “Green Acres” entire series years back and i watch it every night!

So after spending multiple hrs on phone with apple support, total waste of an entire day, re-explaining same problem to each “escalated” engineer, they could not fix, nor had any solution what so ever. My 13 year old was more educated on Apple products then Apple support “Engineer”was! Thats not good.

Apple support used to be spot on, and could fix your problem, and was familiar with Apple products.

I got hung up on after 5 hrs on the phone with Apple support, after the escalated supervisor engineer said she was escalating it to another dept to a senior engineer? And would email a case number and phone so i would not have to go through all this 6 hrs of none since again. Well she hung up on me! Never got email from her, or anyone just a Apple survey.

The main issue starts with favorites in Apple TV shows using Apple TV hardware. Some Favorites links dont work.

and it now takes over 20 min for favorites to populate with watched history. Its a huge train wreck!

Apple did not offer a refund for subscriptions i pay for and cant watch. Apple Support Engineers lack any knowledge of products or familiarity to Apple TV or even errors on the screen! .

I am not a happy camper any more! I called friends and they have similar problems.

This forum is all we have left. As some really old knowledgable Apple users still come here.

1. reset apple tv and set up ftom scratch
  2. bought a new $987 router
  3. tried in ipads, mac pro iphones, problem is fluid across devices same errors
  4. Called apple tv support and wasted 7 hrs total. (They are all kind, nice) but ZERO help

any help on this issue i would be do grateful.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2023 10:23 PM in response to Deangarr

I have the same problem!

i just spent over 9 hrs on phone in two days with Apple and Paramount.

paramount says it a problem with apple! Paramounts solution was to download paramounts app, set up a another paramount+ account with paramount, pay for new subscription and cancel Apple TV Paramount+ subscription.

I all-ready have and pay apple for that! So i chose to be angry and wait for someone at another dept at Apple to call me back from Apple support.

Apple support engineer used the remote screened in and saw it first hand. Apple was perplexed! It all started with v16 now with 16.6 not only Paramount + does not work any more with “not available in my country”, but favorites in Apple TV shows is broken, and i get another error trying to play back purchased TV series saying “Not available in Apple TV store” it was available since i purchased “Green Acres” entire series years back and i watch it every night!

So after spending multiple hrs on phone with apple support, total waste of an entire day, re-explaining same problem to each “escalated” engineer, they could not fix, nor had any solution what so ever. My 13 year old was more educated on Apple products then Apple support “Engineer”was! Thats not good.

Apple support used to be spot on, and could fix your problem, and was familiar with Apple products.

I got hung up on after 5 hrs on the phone with Apple support, after the escalated supervisor engineer said she was escalating it to another dept to a senior engineer? And would email a case number and phone so i would not have to go through all this 6 hrs of none since again. Well she hung up on me! Never got email from her, or anyone just a Apple survey.

The main issue starts with favorites in Apple TV shows using Apple TV hardware. Some Favorites links dont work.

and it now takes over 20 min for favorites to populate with watched history. Its a huge train wreck!

Apple did not offer a refund for subscriptions i pay for and cant watch. Apple Support Engineers lack any knowledge of products or familiarity to Apple TV or even errors on the screen! .

I am not a happy camper any more! I called friends and they have similar problems.

This forum is all we have left. As some really old knowledgable Apple users still come here.

1. reset apple tv and set up ftom scratch
  2. bought a new $987 router
  3. tried in ipads, mac pro iphones, problem is fluid across devices same errors
  4. Called apple tv support and wasted 7 hrs total. (They are all kind, nice) but ZERO help

any help on this issue i would be do grateful.

Jul 31, 2023 3:31 PM in response to bbendorf

Same issue of receiving an error ONLY with Paramount+ Apple TV channel. Tried all of the obvious troubleshooting and wasted hours researching.

"This video isn't available to watch in the country or region you're currently in."

My gut says it has to do with Paramount+ tracking permissions or a conflict in how they they force us to watch ads when using their stand-alone app. There's noting to be done on the customers' end.

Jul 31, 2023 7:05 PM in response to oOOJEMOOo

Dont waste your time on Apple support call. Its all done through Texas and only thing you will learn is how to explain your problem over and over for 7 hrs on phone to escalated senior techs. Who have ZERO knowledge about apple products. Allot of older Apple techs on this forum is best bet. I am going to cancel my paramount + through apple Tv! And demand t months back pay since Apple cant fix it! And does not offer refund. Its disappointing to see Apple phone support turn into a worthless waste of 8 hrs with small minded people.

my 11 year old knows more about apple products then their “senior” engineers. Only thing that will get Apples attention is to cancel Paramount +. Then purchase it through paramount and set up a account at paramount.

I love Apple but very disappointed and will not purchase anything on Apple TV now. As it will not let you watch what you purchased with region errors.

Apple TV Paramount + shows country/region not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.