You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m not receiving verification codes on my phone and not receiving text from android phones

I’m not receiving verification codes on my phone and not receiving text from android phones?

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 1:23 PM

Where are these verification codes coming from? Text messages or via a push? Is your iPhone able to receive SMS text messages at all? If not, have you contacted your cellular voice provider to see if there is an issue with your SMS texting service with them?

2 replies

Apr 19, 2023 1:23 PM in response to Wif2023

Verification codes and text from non-iPhones come over your carrier’s SMS/MMS network. You need to contact your carrier to resolve any problems with SMS (text) and MMS (picture) messaging. The iPhone is always enabled for SMS, so you will get text messages unless your carrier hasn’t configured your account correctly. Note that SMS requires a cellular voice connection, and MMS requires that cellular data be enabled, and also that it be turned on in Settings/Messages

I’m not receiving verification codes on my phone and not receiving text from android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.