You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving some photos in group messages

I have a group message thread with a mix of iOS and Android users. Some photos from one Android user appear as a gray bubble. Other iOS users in the thread can see the photos. This same Android user can send me photos outside the group thread (just to me) and I can see them with no problem.

I have restarted my iphone several times amongst trying the following things: quit and restart the messages app; reset network settings; made sure mms is turned on; signed out of apple id and signed back in.

I have NOT recently restored the phone - the photo doesn't appear from the time the message is sent - so this is NOT a case of "it was there and now it's not". iOS and all apps are up to date. I do not use iCloud.

Any suggestions??

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 4:07 PM

MaryMCO wrote:

I have a group message thread with a mix of iOS and Android users. Some photos from one Android user appear as a gray bubble. Other iOS users in the thread can see the photos. This same Android user can send me photos outside the group thread (just to me) and I can see them with no problem.

I have restarted my iphone several times amongst trying the following things: quit and restart the messages app; reset network settings; made sure mms is turned on; signed out of apple id and signed back in.

I have NOT recently restored the phone - the photo doesn't appear from the time the message is sent - so this is NOT a case of "it was there and now it's not". iOS and all apps are up to date. I do not use iCloud.

Any suggestions??

MMS is a phone carrier feature, contact yours to resolve he issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2023 4:07 PM in response to MaryMCO

MaryMCO wrote:

Any suggestions??

MMS is a phone carrier feature, contact yours to resolve he issue.

Not receiving some photos in group messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.