You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Why is my guided access not working

Why is my guided access not working? It is turned on

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 5:56 PM

When i use my ipad, i go over, enable guided acess, go over to my youtube, press play the vidio and i triple-clikc the off button and nothing happens, or it just turns off.

20 replies

Jun 24, 2024 12:06 AM in response to Jeremy6942

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT.

So I was getting fussy with this not working. Turns out I was over thinking it. I would try to activate it while still in “settings”. However, it doesn’t work like that. You have to have a standalone app open prior to activation. So try it again but close “settings” (after toggling “guided access” and “accessibility shortcut” on) and open another app. Hope this helps at least one person

Nov 16, 2023 1:00 AM in response to Jeremy6942

If Guided Access is not working on your iPhone, try resetting Guided Access on your iPhone. Go to settings >>> Accessibility >>> Turn off Guided Access and then turn it on after a few seconds.

Guided Access can't work on the app or website, which is restricted by daily app limits. So, please check that also. Go to Settings >>> Screen Time >>> App Limits >>> Click All App & Categories >>> Delete Limit.

If nothing works, Force Restart your iPhone.

Aug 22, 2024 2:56 AM in response to Jeremy6942

This has happened to me as well. I don't know if it's breaking boot guided access for some reason. I was trying to figure out why, and then this guide gave me ideas.

I followed its instructions for troubleshooting and tried updating iOS, and now guided access always works reliably on my iPhone. Hope it helps you out just as much

[Edited by Moderator]

Why is my guided access not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.