You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought this apple ipad air model A1474 how do i remove the apple id

how do I remove the apple id from the previous owner . i tried reaching out to the small business who sold it to me on E bay but they just acted like i was dumb for not knowing how to set up the device i mentioned that they said it was unlocked but they just acted dumb like i was the one wrong

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:32 PM

If it’s saying Activation Lock or still has Find My turned on only the owner of the Apple ID can remove it.

See #4 at Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Suppor

If the seller refuses or cannot remove it from the Apple ID following the steps at How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support in s browser at https://www.icloud.com/find you should turn it for a refund. If they refuse return contact eBay support as most likely the iPad was not theirs to begin with.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2023 7:32 PM in response to MaryHam01

If it’s saying Activation Lock or still has Find My turned on only the owner of the Apple ID can remove it.

See #4 at Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Suppor

If the seller refuses or cannot remove it from the Apple ID following the steps at How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support in s browser at https://www.icloud.com/find you should turn it for a refund. If they refuse return contact eBay support as most likely the iPad was not theirs to begin with.

i bought this apple ipad air model A1474 how do i remove the apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.