You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to protect my data from being hacked?

i received a email and by accident i opened what can i do to protect my information from being hacked

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 6:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 6:32 AM

You may enable lockdown mode...

How to enable Lockdown Mode on iPhone or iPad · Open the Settings app. · Tap Privacy & Security. · Under Security, tap Lockdown Mode and tap Turn ...

About Lockdown Mode

4 replies

Apr 26, 2023 6:26 AM in response to mope1234

If you did not click on any links or provide any personal information, you are OK. Delete the email. Never click on a link in an email if you do not know the source.

If the email appears to be from your bank or credit card company.....do NOT click on any links in the email. Instead, log on to your account the normal way. If there really is a problem, you will know about it.

Apr 26, 2023 6:52 AM in response to mope1234

mope1234 wrote:

i open the email i noticed was fake went to do something else came back to my phone and when i opened i click on that email send me to safari and automatically safari block the page i closed the page right away

That will not cause any issues. As long as you didn't give out any information on that Safari page, it was harmless.

How to protect my data from being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.