You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replace battery

What do I do to replace the battery on my iPhone X? Will I lose contacts, data, photos, settings, apps, etc.? Don't know much about iPhones. Can this be done at Apple Store without checking to ensure they have my "battery." I will be switching service provider at this time.

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 9:38 AM

Go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

For cost and availability, enter your model information in the "Get an estimate" box at the bottom. (I will let you do this since the answer will depend upon the country where you are located.)

You shouldn't lose any data but it helps to prepare your device in case you do. For instructions on how to get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service click here --> Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 9:38 AM in response to G12x12

Go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

For cost and availability, enter your model information in the "Get an estimate" box at the bottom. (I will let you do this since the answer will depend upon the country where you are located.)

You shouldn't lose any data but it helps to prepare your device in case you do. For instructions on how to get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service click here --> Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2023 2:17 PM in response to G12x12

If you need to replace your battery, do it, you won’t lose any data. If you want you could back it up to your Mac or pc iTunes and that way you will get everything back if it happened to erase all your data. I just got my battery replaced on my iPhone XS recently and have before on other phones and nothing has ever been erased.

Replace battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.