You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a formal complaint reach Apple?

Hi, can anyone advise how I make a formal complaint. I’ve wasted 2 days getting bounced between departments trying to make a formal complaint and to get a copy of apples procedure…

has anyone successfully complained?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 9:43 AM

3 replies

Oct 28, 2023 3:54 AM in response to Scotty0007

Hi if it helps I called to make a complaint over the phone but I wanted to make a complaint online too to make sure it got dealt with properly.

When I rang I asked the person I spoke to ( someone from customer service ) if they could submit a complaint for me: they did. I felt my phone complaint may not be taken on by proceeding staff properly and I wanted to make an online complaint as well. I could not find any online forms to submit complaints about customer service so I came on here.

I found the reply/ comment that user Allan Jones submitted helpful; it may be a bit more effort to write a letter directly to Apple about your issue but it sounds like it has more weight and is helpful.

I think it’s helpful to do both; a phone complaint and a letter: to make sure your complaint is taken on and resolved and I intend to write a letter.

I hope this helps. I found it really unhelpful that Apple only have online complaint forms for “ products “ and “ website issues “ and nothing else: I think this is a flaw and an incompetency in their system and process.

Apr 28, 2023 11:51 AM in response to Scotty0007

As we are not Apple, we can only offer our experiences; mine are as someone who managed the technical services section of a company in another industry. Phone calls to any big company are ineffective; even in our smaller organization, people were hard to reach by phone due to shift staffing and weight of calls.

As the person who had to deal with the complaint, particularly on about a specific employee, I preferred a concise business letter with the details. If a personal matter reaches the disciplinary stage, a letter has evidentiary value; a pink " "While you were out..." slip, not so much. A letter with documentation, good or bad, can become part of of an employee's permanent file.

If you are in the US (these are international English-language forums) I recommend mailing the letter certified mail, return receipt requested. That way you should know who received it and when.

That all we can do other than give the address:

I

Oct 28, 2023 3:39 AM in response to Allan Jones

This is really helpful and a good way to deal with rude customer service. I have a similar issue, would like to make a complaint and cannot find any appropriate online forms to do this. I am in Australia and will try to do the same as you mentioned here.

Thank you for this. It’s good to know how helpful a letter can be, I also felt my over the phone complaint might not be really taken on by further staff.

Thank you for your comment.

How to make a formal complaint reach Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.