You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problems downloading Big Sur upgrade.

I am trying to upgrade Big Sur 11.1 to Big Sur 11.7.6 on my MacBook Pro 2020. The download contains 7GBs. When I first started the download my laptop said it would take around 6 hours. Later when I checked on the progress it had changed from 6 hour to 5 days! Then it changed to 7 days! On the 7th day when it only had 10 hours left a message popped up saying that something had went wrong and it couldn't complete the download. I had to start the process all over again.

In my area I can only get DSL. I know it's slow but 7 days is ridiculous and then to have it mess up when it only had 10 hours left is really bad. I need to know what's going on and if it's even worth it. I don't want to mess up my laptop or the iOS I'm currently using. Please Help.

Thank You So Much,

Kat

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 7:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 2:49 AM

Since this is a Laptop computer, relocate to a place like a University or Public Library or Friend or co-work and user their Internet Connection which is hopeful Faster and more Reliable than your Home Internet Connection

If there is a coffee shop with good internet speed - that too could work

Internet Connection Types and Speeds are Technically not a Apple Issue that we can try and fix but can only suggest alternatives / work arounds

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2023 2:49 AM in response to Kat.B.

Since this is a Laptop computer, relocate to a place like a University or Public Library or Friend or co-work and user their Internet Connection which is hopeful Faster and more Reliable than your Home Internet Connection

If there is a coffee shop with good internet speed - that too could work

Internet Connection Types and Speeds are Technically not a Apple Issue that we can try and fix but can only suggest alternatives / work arounds

Having problems downloading Big Sur upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.