You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery mode

Can't start recovery mode cmd+r instead 1003F error

I tried to delete my harddrive and install the osx new on my macbook so I followed the instruction on how to do that on the apple support site.

Unfortunately I could not "REINSTALL OS X" as there was a error message. So I tried to restart the mac and use cmd + R again.

Unfortunately now it doesn't show the OS X Recovery but instead brings up the earth icon saying it will do a recovery from the internet.

After I type in my wifi + password it brings this message:

apple.com/support

-1003F

I tried two different wifi router and even the ethernet cable but it doesn't help anything. Also tried alt+cmd+R and have the same error.

Someone here knows how to deal with that problem? I need my mac working again as fast as possible so I'm very thankful about any advice.

Posted on May 1, 2023 4:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 5:18 AM

Hi,

You have network related issue. You should take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to reinstall macOS on your MacBook Pro there. As far as I know, it's free.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Similar questions

1 reply

Recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.