You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it takes hours for voicemails to show up on my iPhone 14?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 1, 2023 5:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 5:49 PM

the bbq king Said:

"Voicemail late: Why does it takes hours for voicemails to show up on my iPhone 14?"

-------

Troubleshooting Delayed Voicemail:

You need to take that up with your Carrier. They provide you with the service of messaging. It is not stored on your iPhone. So, contact your Carrier, seeing what is goin on. Report back what they say.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2023 5:49 PM in response to the bbq king

the bbq king Said:

"Voicemail late: Why does it takes hours for voicemails to show up on my iPhone 14?"

-------

Troubleshooting Delayed Voicemail:

You need to take that up with your Carrier. They provide you with the service of messaging. It is not stored on your iPhone. So, contact your Carrier, seeing what is goin on. Report back what they say.

May 1, 2023 5:53 PM in response to the bbq king

Voicemail syncs over cellular data; it cannot sync over Wi-Fi. If you don’t have a cellular network connection or don’t have cellular data enabled then voicemail can’t sync. You can have Wi-Fi AND cellular data both on, but not just Wi-Fi if you want your voicemail to sync in real time.

If you are sure you have cellular data all the time then contact your carrier.

Aug 16, 2023 5:04 PM in response to the bbq king

I have been having problems with people leaving a voice message and then having sometimes a long delay, hours and sometimes days before receiving the voice message showing up on my iphone 8Plus. I have done all the obvious things to try to correct this but it still happens. Cell feature on, restart phone, enough memory space. This is also happening to people with the latest iphone's available, so what is really happening to cause this situation? And how can we actually do anything business or personal with such delays? Is this the apple phone software issue or the carrier issue or both?

Aug 16, 2023 5:11 PM in response to Halahau

Halahau wrote:

I have been having problems with people leaving a voice message and then having sometimes a long delay, hours and sometimes days before receiving the voice message showing up on my iphone 8Plus. I have done all the obvious things to try to correct this but it still happens. Cell feature on, restart phone, enough memory space. This is also happening to people with the latest iphone's available, so what is really happening to cause this situation? And how can we actually do anything business or personal with such delays? Is this the apple phone software issue or the carrier issue or both?

I posted what to do on this page, right above your post, which you apparently didn’t read before posting. I’ll repeat it again; this is just a copy/paste:

Voicemail syncs over cellular data; it cannot sync over Wi-Fi. If you don’t have a cellular network connection or don’t have cellular data enabled then voicemail can’t sync. You can have Wi-Fi AND cellular data both on, but not just Wi-Fi if you want your voicemail to sync in real time.

If you are sure you have cellular data all the time then contact your carrier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.