You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a playlist and it’s songs from my iPhone

Hello,

my iPhone storage is full and so I want to remove an old playlist and all associated songs within it from the Music app on my iPhone only (not from my MacBook). I don’t have access to my MacBook where I sync them from right now, so un-syncing that playlist is not an option.

Thank you!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:58 AM

Hi! It isn't possible to delete playlists from only one device. When you delete a playlist on one device, it is deleted from your Apple Music account. Unless playlists are downloaded, they don't use a significant portion of your iPhone storage. You can find out how to remove downloads on only your iPhone here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2023 10:58 AM in response to daeser1

Hi! It isn't possible to delete playlists from only one device. When you delete a playlist on one device, it is deleted from your Apple Music account. Unless playlists are downloaded, they don't use a significant portion of your iPhone storage. You can find out how to remove downloads on only your iPhone here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

May 2, 2023 11:35 AM in response to Seallbay

Hello,

I don’t pay for/ use Apple Music. The Music app does take up significant storage (35GB) and a large portion of that are songs associates with this old playlist. I am looking to remove those songs from my iPhone but I don’t want to go song by song to remove them and I also don’t want this change to impact the playlists on my MacBook (not sure that I would).

How do I delete a playlist and it’s songs from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.