You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset

My Bluetooth headset is on, I just finished calling someone, but when a new call comes in — my iPhone switches back to normal, not to the headset, and I have to do the switch manually on my phone.

How can I correct this?

iPhone 13

Posted on May 2, 2023 9:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 9:52 PM

amifromskokie Said:

"Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset: The problem is not the need to re-pairing again, the headset is staying connected, but that an incoming call would not go to my headset by default."

-------

How to Set a Bluetooth Headphones as the Default Audio Device on Your iPhone:

Try the following...

Changing the Call Audio:

1. Open: Settings.
  2. Tap: Accessibility ​
  3. Tap: Touch
  4. Tap: Call Audio Routing
  5. Tap: "Bluetooth Headset" from the provided options
7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2023 9:52 PM in response to amifromskokie

amifromskokie Said:

"Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset: The problem is not the need to re-pairing again, the headset is staying connected, but that an incoming call would not go to my headset by default."

-------

How to Set a Bluetooth Headphones as the Default Audio Device on Your iPhone:

Try the following...

Changing the Call Audio:

1. Open: Settings.
  2. Tap: Accessibility ​
  3. Tap: Touch
  4. Tap: Call Audio Routing
  5. Tap: "Bluetooth Headset" from the provided options

May 2, 2023 9:39 PM in response to amifromskokie

amifromskokie Said:

"Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset: My Bluetooth headset is on, I just finished calling someone, but when a new call comes in — my iPhone switches back to normal, not to the headset, and I have to do the switch manually on my phone. How can I correct this?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Bluetooth:

A. Start Here: If you can't Connect a Bluetooth Accessory to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Re-Pair this, Literally:

Try re-pairing your speaker. You would manually unparit, it, and then par it back.

Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.