You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Setting to delete history without cookies

Hi, I'm a new Mac OS user. I used Google Chrome in Windows and in the history deletion settings I could set cookies not to be deleted (attachment).

When I delete the history in Safari, then when I open Safari again, I have to confirm the site's cookies.

Wow, you can't really set it up on Safari???

That's the only thing why I still use Google Chrome.

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 11:48 PM

I found a tutorial, maybe it will help someone.

Name "Clear History" is misleading. Clicking "Clear History" also deletes other website data, like cookies and the entire browser cache. However, there is a way to clear your browsing history without losing website data.

Simply choose the Safari or History menu, but press and hold down the Option key before selecting the "Clear History" option. You'll see the option change to "Clear History and Keep Website Data".

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2023 11:48 PM in response to Community User

I found a tutorial, maybe it will help someone.

Name "Clear History" is misleading. Clicking "Clear History" also deletes other website data, like cookies and the entire browser cache. However, there is a way to clear your browsing history without losing website data.

Simply choose the Safari or History menu, but press and hold down the Option key before selecting the "Clear History" option. You'll see the option change to "Clear History and Keep Website Data".

Setting to delete history without cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.