You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there more information about this new setting and what it does for me?

Is there more information about this new setting “Security Response”and what it does for me? What if any are the potential downsides?

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:16 PM

gregfreeman1 Said:

"Is there more information about this new setting and what it does for me?"

-------

Learn About this here: About Rapid Security Responses for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS - Apple Support. Being a bit new, I plan to wait a few days, seeing if any bugs come about in the next few days. I have come about nothing as of yet.

Important: Back Up your Mac First:

Be certain you create a backup of your Mac prior to performing an update. That way, you will have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with after the installation. For the Backup, use an external hard drive of at least 1.5 times the storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2023 8:16 PM in response to gregfreeman1

gregfreeman1 Said:

"Is there more information about this new setting and what it does for me?"

-------

Learn About this here: About Rapid Security Responses for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS - Apple Support. Being a bit new, I plan to wait a few days, seeing if any bugs come about in the next few days. I have come about nothing as of yet.

Important: Back Up your Mac First:

Be certain you create a backup of your Mac prior to performing an update. That way, you will have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with after the installation. For the Backup, use an external hard drive of at least 1.5 times the storage.

Is there more information about this new setting and what it does for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.