You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add video to angle in multicam clip

I have a multicam clip imported from other software with only one angle

I created a new angle, and when I drag and drop a new video to the new angle the video is not added to the new angle but to the end of the first angle

How can I fix it?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 3, 2023 11:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:20 AM

so the error is something different, the "start" attribute, that indicates the start frame compiled from the timecode was slightly wrong due to drop-frame calculation.

Fixing the start frame of the multiclip angle fixed the issue

Similar questions

7 replies

May 4, 2023 1:31 AM in response to yonatan166

I can't reproduce this.

Test with a new multicam clip - just select one clip in the browser, make a multicam, add an angle, drag some other clip to the new angle. Same problem?

If not, then there is something funky about that specific multicam (though I can't think why that would happen).

If the problem occurs also with a new multicam, try deleting FCP preferences.

May 4, 2023 3:46 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Did you make sure that the two clips, the one in the multicam, and the one you’re adding, have been assigned different camera angle numbers or names?

Tom, this always a good thing to have in mind when making a multicam, but do you think it is relevant when the OP was directly dragging a clip to an angle in the Angle Editor?

can't add video to angle in multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.