You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On old iPad (purchased in 2012) how can I delete apps

On old iPad (purchased in 2012) how can I delete apps that I see on my main screen but do not use.

iPad 2

Posted on May 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 12:25 PM

frankfriedman wrote:

Thanks, but I do not see a minus sign on the Apps I want to delete. On many apps that I do not want to delete, there is a small x within a gray circle. Examples are Solitaire and Zoom. But I do not want to delete them. Apps such as Podcasts and Photo Booth that I would like to delete do not have a minus sign or an x on them. Guess I am not aloud to delete these?

Correct. Those are built in to the OS and cannot be removed.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2023 12:25 PM in response to frankfriedman

frankfriedman wrote:

Thanks, but I do not see a minus sign on the Apps I want to delete. On many apps that I do not want to delete, there is a small x within a gray circle. Examples are Solitaire and Zoom. But I do not want to delete them. Apps such as Podcasts and Photo Booth that I would like to delete do not have a minus sign or an x on them. Guess I am not aloud to delete these?

Correct. Those are built in to the OS and cannot be removed.

May 6, 2023 9:51 AM in response to frankfriedman

Many Apps are integral elements of iOS that cannot be deleted from the iPad. While built-in Apps cannot be deleted, they can be moved into one or more App Folders - where they can be simply ignored.

To create an App folder, simply drag one App icon onto another - and pause - before lifting your finger from the screen; the App folder will be created automatically. Once created, you can drag other App icons to the folder.

May 6, 2023 12:21 PM in response to FoxFifth

On old iPad (purchased in 2012) how can I delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.