You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to trade in store my computer and buy a new one. For my macbook pro I can't do myself erase and I would like to bring my old one to someone help me at the store

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) how can I erase to trade in

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on May 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:01 PM

If you want to erase it yourself, see the instructions in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Skip step 2, as it only applies to newer Macs, and use the other steps instead.

2 replies

May 7, 2023 1:02 PM in response to yvania16

Q - "I would like to bring my old one to someone help me at the store"

A - if you buy a new Mac from them, they may or may not do that for you. and it could be free or you may need to pay them to do that for you. that would be something to ask the store about.

but to erase it on your own first isn't all that difficult. you may want to give it a try. please refer to What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support.

I need to trade in store my computer and buy a new one. For my macbook pro I can't do myself erase and I would like to bring my old one to someone help me at the store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.