You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfering Mail to new computer

I currently have a 2017 iMac and will be purchasing a MacBook Pro when I decide on the configuration I want/need. After consulting several people, I have decided that when I get the new computer I don't want to use Migration Assistant to move my info to the new computer- too much unneeded stuff on my current computer. However, there are certain things I do want to transfer- some files and music. I think I know how to save and transfer most of what I want. But my concern is with Apple Mail. I would like to transfer all my Mail files (several years worth of emails) but am unsure how to do this. Any help/suggestions?

Posted on May 7, 2023 3:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 8:28 AM

I created many mailboxes on my Mac to separate mail into different senders instead of leaving them all in the main mail box. Last time I moved to a new computer, they were lost, what is the best way to transfer those emails to the new computer?

3 replies

transfering Mail to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.