You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I manually upload my photos to iCloud?

How can I manually upload my photos to iCloud so I do not have to sync. I can select them for upload to Facebook, friends, dropbox, etc. Why not my iCloud???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 7, 2023 8:57 PM

7 replies

May 7, 2023 9:18 PM in response to veryfrustraded

veryfrustraded Said:

"So I know I can pull them off my laptop. Can I pull them off of my phone and manually upload them? I just don’t like syncing because I lose photos. I don’t like to keep a lot on my phone."

-------

Yes. Open a Web browser and perform this uploading and downloading using this link: https://www.icloud.com/photos. These will stay on Apple's Server, as long as you have access to their services.

May 30, 2023 6:28 PM in response to TheLittles

There seems to be NO WAY to link to the photos in the photos app on my iMac and upload them to the iCloud. When I log into iCloud and click the little blue upload button it grays out all the apps (except for a very few) and the grayed out includes photos. Trying a different way I highlight the photos I want to upload to iCloud in the photos app window and try to drag to the open iCloud window and it does not work. Nothing happens.

How can I manually upload my photos to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.