You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Family Sharing also block your individual purchases?

I went into the i-store beginning of March to sort my payment method - as I was unable to change/update/edit this. Eventually the technician removed me from Family Sharing to see whether that would allow an update - and yes it did. I upgraded to the 200GB i-cloud+ plan with payment going well - until my brother added me last week again to Apple Music Family Sharing... now payment cannot be deducted and the same scenario is happening once again... HOW DOES ONE FIX THIS????

Posted on May 8, 2023 4:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 6:30 AM

See How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support:

Which payment method will be charged for purchases that family members make?

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases will be billed to the family organiser's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organiser can update their payment method or add a new one.

Instead of leaving the family and rejoining, which you can only do once a year, either add store credit to your account, or turn off purchase sharing, make your purchase on your own payment method, then turn purchase sharing back on again to share with others in your family group.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2023 6:30 AM in response to Angi_Lok

See How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support:

Which payment method will be charged for purchases that family members make?

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases will be billed to the family organiser's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organiser can update their payment method or add a new one.

Instead of leaving the family and rejoining, which you can only do once a year, either add store credit to your account, or turn off purchase sharing, make your purchase on your own payment method, then turn purchase sharing back on again to share with others in your family group.

tt2

Does Family Sharing also block your individual purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.