You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burn iTunes to Disk

Using an iMac(2017) running OS Ventura 13.3.1 a with iTunes 1.3.4.56. I have burned many CDs until last year, when I have been unable to burn any Playlists to CD. My vehicle is 2003 with CD/Cassette player, which works fine with many different CDs, books and otherwise. I have Googled this subject and found several "fixes" with which to try and burn CDs from my iTunes Library of 3,762 items. None of these work. Of all my tunes, 99% have the "checked box" and are in the Cloud. HELP!!! Please.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 8, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 12:22 PM

You cannot burn Apple Music content that has DRM, is in the cloud, or isn't located where Music expects to find it. Download the tracks before you burn them. If you have an Apple Music subscription but want to burn copies of your own matched or purchased tracks turn off the option for lossless downloads first, otherwise your downloads won't be eligible for burning.

tt2

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2023 12:22 PM in response to realrdp

You cannot burn Apple Music content that has DRM, is in the cloud, or isn't located where Music expects to find it. Download the tracks before you burn them. If you have an Apple Music subscription but want to burn copies of your own matched or purchased tracks turn off the option for lossless downloads first, otherwise your downloads won't be eligible for burning.

tt2

May 17, 2023 2:37 PM in response to javaliga

Tried to unhide tunes. WAS able to unhide 25+ items(2017-2020), but that did not help show me that some these were purchased from the iTunes Store. Because of that, I am unable to burn these songs to disc. I AM able to burn all other tunes in a 3,759 item library. These 20 items ranging from 2020 to current date, will NOT burn to CD. When included with other songs on a playlist, I get a notice that "these" tunes are not able to be burned and they are grayed out. My iTunes account records do NOT show these as being purchased either! I am mainly interested in the two songs purchased from The iTunes Store in Jan 2023 and Feb 2023. Very strange! Who can I contact to straighten this out?¿

May 18, 2023 11:39 AM in response to realrdp

See https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ for issues with recent purchases.

Occasionally iTunes doesn't apply permissions correctly to tracks downloaded from the store. This typically shows up as a request to authorise the computer for a downloaded purchase that should be free of DRM, even if you reauthoize the computer it doesn't help. I wonder if somehow iTunes thinks you don't have burn rights when you should do. The usual solution is to delete the copy you have that won't play nicely and download a fresh one. Obviously you don't want to try that with the purchases that aren't recognized. Can you confirm you were actually charged for those items?

tt2

May 18, 2023 12:58 PM in response to turingtest2

As I mentioned......there is NO record of purchase in my account purchase history, yet my songs were downloaded to my iTunes library(without date of purchase showing). And it's those, that will not burn to CD. When I try to burn a playlist with those songs included, I get a message that those songs are not eligible and they are grayed out. Who do I contact to rectify this issue?¿

May 19, 2023 3:03 PM in response to realrdp

According to that they are Apple Music content, complete with DRM. Perhaps you meant to make the the purchase but actually added them from Apple Music. Did you check to see if there is a payment from your account back in January that corresponds with your intended purchase. You can remove the Apple Music versions and purchase from the iTunes Store so you get DRM free copies that you can burn to CD.

tt2

Burn iTunes to Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.