You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Temporary Audio Output Airplay

I found a solution to make Airplay speakers permanent instead of just temporary. It worked for my Sonos Airplay 2 setup. Now I don't have to constantly switch the audio output from 'TV Speakers' to my Sonos setup.

See this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4-U0TUB0Y

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on May 10, 2023 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 12:42 PM

Huh... I wonder how they figured that out? I never knew about the long-press on play/pause bringing up the list of AirPlay speakers either. Cool.

Please note: if you're making the DHCP-assigned IP address (given to your ATV by your WiFi router) permanent within the ATV's settings, you should also make sure that your router reserves the IP address for the ATV as well. It's very possible that when the 'lease' on the IP address doesn't get renewed by the permanently-configured ATV, a poorly-implemented router's DHCP server may eventually reassign the ATV's IP address to another device (even though the address should have an active entry in the router's ARP table). This would certainly interrupt your TV viewing experience :-).

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2023 12:42 PM in response to brose131

Huh... I wonder how they figured that out? I never knew about the long-press on play/pause bringing up the list of AirPlay speakers either. Cool.

Please note: if you're making the DHCP-assigned IP address (given to your ATV by your WiFi router) permanent within the ATV's settings, you should also make sure that your router reserves the IP address for the ATV as well. It's very possible that when the 'lease' on the IP address doesn't get renewed by the permanently-configured ATV, a poorly-implemented router's DHCP server may eventually reassign the ATV's IP address to another device (even though the address should have an active entry in the router's ARP table). This would certainly interrupt your TV viewing experience :-).

Apple TV Temporary Audio Output Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.