You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm not using right sounds

Just discovered a really annoying issue with my IPhone 14 plus. The regular iPhone alarm (sleep schedule has its own separate issues) does not use the sound or song you choose. No matter what you program it to, it still jerks you awake with the obnoxious default alarm sound. This is totally unacceptable and disruptive to not only me but also my apartment neighbors. Of all things to let slide in what’s supposed to be the best working and most capable collection of iPhones. My iPhone 4 had better functionality than this.

yes, I’ve updated my phone and turned it off and on again. (Side note: I have also discovered that the sleep schedule alarm does not allow you to choose a song, only alarm sounds. Really fun stuff…)

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:08 AM

5 replies

May 14, 2023 9:29 AM in response to SC_1

Thanks for reaching out SC_1,

It sounds like you're having trouble setting an alarm on your device. We can help.

First, we want to make sure you are using the latest public release of the iOS software. At this time, that is iOS 16.4.1 (a). If you are using anything else, you might need to take some steps first to correct that:

Then, once you are using iOS 16.4.1 (a), you can tap Clock > Alarm > + to set a new alarm. To select the sound of the alarm, tap Sound, and you can use either the pre-loaded content, or you can select any ringtones you've added to the device.

Give that a try, and see if there is any change.

We are here for you.

Jul 15, 2024 8:36 AM in response to SC_1

I also have this issue and after SO MANY FAITHFUL YEARS with iPhone I can’t believe they did this. I have my favorite wake up sound but can’t use it. The answer from Apple was from a person who obviously didn’t read your post. Ridiculous to not be able to set an alarm in the wake sleep section. I just made a repeating alarm and turned off the sleep/wake. Frustrating!!

Alarm not using right sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.