You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac recovery mode

I went to open my computer and it’s in recovery mode. I’m so lost this has never happened and I have no clue what to do. I followed the directions on the screen but I have no idea what I’m looking at. Can anyone help please?

Posted on May 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 8:12 PM

Candig23 Said:

"Mac recovery mode: I went to open my computer and it’s in recovery mode. I’m so lost this has never happened and I have no clue what to do. I followed the directions on the screen but I have no idea what I’m looking at. Can anyone help please?"

-------

Booting in Recovery Mode Unexpectedly:

Were you installing an update? If so, it may have gotten stuck. So, what happens when you restart thing the Apple button on the top-left corner of your screen? Does it boot up normally?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2023 8:12 PM in response to Candig23

Candig23 Said:

"Mac recovery mode: I went to open my computer and it’s in recovery mode. I’m so lost this has never happened and I have no clue what to do. I followed the directions on the screen but I have no idea what I’m looking at. Can anyone help please?"

-------

Booting in Recovery Mode Unexpectedly:

Were you installing an update? If so, it may have gotten stuck. So, what happens when you restart thing the Apple button on the top-left corner of your screen? Does it boot up normally?

May 11, 2023 8:34 PM in response to Candig23

Candig23 Said:

"Hello, no I was not installing an update. I closed the computer then opened it about 3 hours later and it was in recovery mode. When I restart it, it goes to the recovery page with recovery options."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Mac recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.