You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my airdrop doesn't work between my iphone and macbook

my airdrop doesn't work between my iphone and macbook pro.

Clicked send files, but nothing happened. Already updated to the latest version of MacOS.

iPhone13, Macbook pro 2021 with M1.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 12, 2023 10:49 AM

3 replies

May 15, 2023 3:00 PM in response to qin36

Hi qin36,

Which device are you trying to AirDrop from?

Use AirDrop on iPhone to send items to nearby devices

What are you trying to send? Can you explain which steps you've taken? There's not really a send button, it's that you choose share and pick the discovered device, then the device accepts it.

"If you AirDrop something to yourself, like a photo from your iPhone to your Mac, you won't see an option to Accept or Decline—it'll automatically get sent to your device. Just make sure that both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID." This is mentioned in: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

May 17, 2023 3:09 PM in response to ManJor

Having the same issue. AirDropping my Apple Card statement from my iPhone 14 to Mac Pro M1. On the iPhone, I see the icon for MacBook Pro in "AirDrop a Copy". I touch the icon and it says "waiting", then "sending", then "sent". I have searched the Download folder on the Mac, and have searched the entire Mac for QFX files. Cannot find it anywhere.

In AirDrop on the Mac it shows my phone, and on the phone it shows my Mac, so they are signed in to the same Cloud account. I have no VPN active. Not sure what else to do.

my airdrop doesn't work between my iphone and macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.