You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing devices

I am trying to sync my ipad and iphone 11. I want my ipad to mirror my phone. The instructions say to go to settings, and check off what I want to sync on each device; however, neither device shows the other device as an option to check. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 7:51 AM

You can access your iCloud sync’ settings here:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Apps Using iCloud] Show All

Enable all the Apps and services that you wish to synchronise via iCloud; you must do this for each device.

The iPad User Guide provides comprehensive information:

Use iCloud on iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2023 7:51 AM in response to 7224_7991

You can access your iCloud sync’ settings here:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Apps Using iCloud] Show All

Enable all the Apps and services that you wish to synchronise via iCloud; you must do this for each device.

The iPad User Guide provides comprehensive information:

Use iCloud on iPad - Apple Support

May 13, 2023 6:57 AM in response to 7224_7991

Are both your iPad and iPhone signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID account? Only when using the same AppleID will you be able to synchronise data and services via iCloud:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID]

If both devices are signed-in with the same AppleID, you should be able to see all your devices listed - and be able to enable the Apps and services that you wish to synchronise.

Syncing devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.