You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgrade to Ventura 13 and now my printer, canon MG2120 won

I upgraded to Ventura 13 and I can't get my Canon MG2120 printer to work with it.

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 16, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 8:49 PM

I have a Canon 8120 printer/scanner and it dates from 2011. Like yours, Canon's web site says it is retired and no longer supported.

Mine has drivers that date from Mac OS Sierra; yours at least has drivers that date from Mac OS High Sierra.

What I did with mine is:

Go to Settings and Printers and Scanners. Remove the Printer/Scanner from the list. Then restart and download and reinstall all the drivers for your unit, I believe they are there under High Sierra, but past High Sierra they are not shown. I installed all the print and scan drivers for mine, even thought Canon says they are only for up through Sierra. I can print fine, and al the options are available. Scanning works fine using Image Capture. Hopefully yours will work similarly as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2023 8:49 PM in response to golfcyap715

I have a Canon 8120 printer/scanner and it dates from 2011. Like yours, Canon's web site says it is retired and no longer supported.

Mine has drivers that date from Mac OS Sierra; yours at least has drivers that date from Mac OS High Sierra.

What I did with mine is:

Go to Settings and Printers and Scanners. Remove the Printer/Scanner from the list. Then restart and download and reinstall all the drivers for your unit, I believe they are there under High Sierra, but past High Sierra they are not shown. I installed all the print and scan drivers for mine, even thought Canon says they are only for up through Sierra. I can print fine, and al the options are available. Scanning works fine using Image Capture. Hopefully yours will work similarly as well.

I upgrade to Ventura 13 and now my printer, canon MG2120 won

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.