You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod connection issues?

I’ve had the second Gen HomePod for a couple months and while it sounds great, I keep having connection issues. Mainly between my iPhone and HomePod. The HomePod wifi has full bars, it’s the same network. I’m aware that you can unplug the device and restart your phone but that’s a pain! We shouldn’t have to do that nearly every day. What the HomePod really needs is a way to force connect it and not relying on it to automatically connect. I’m a bit let down by Apple. I expected a great, smooth experience.

For the record: the HomePod works fine with voice, it’s the controlling it with my phone that’s the issue. I like to use the music player screen on my phone to skip music. After all, it’s easier to tap a button than to say “hey siri. Skip” several time.

All of my devices are up to date too. I don’t know what else to do but I’m tired of this not working consistently. I expect consistency from Apple. Am I missing something? I’ve done most of the troubleshooting including factory resetting the HomePod. I keep hoping they’ll update it to fix this issue but they don’t.

HomePod (2nd generation)

Posted on May 22, 2023 11:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 12:32 PM

Hi RammsteinLuvr

Given the steps you've taken so far, we'd recommend first confirming you reset the HomePod using the specific steps here:

If so, or after resetting it again the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly for further assistance.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2023 12:32 PM in response to RammsteinLuvr

Hi RammsteinLuvr

Given the steps you've taken so far, we'd recommend first confirming you reset the HomePod using the specific steps here:

If so, or after resetting it again the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly for further assistance.

Take care.

HomePod connection issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.